One to one lesson in vocals or any instrument
15 mins £6 (recommended for 5/6 yr olds)
30 mins £12
60 mins £24
Family rate (applicable if more than one family member is attending or if a student is attending 2 or more lessons a week)
30 mins £11.25 (only applicable if paying monthly)
60 mins £22.50 (only applicable if paying monthly)
Group lessons in vocals or any instrument – these group lessons need to be arranged for 4 or more students at an agreed day/time for everyone involved – please ask at reception for more details
30 mins £6
60 mins £12
Student band & choir workshops £5 for 2 hours
Students are advised to attend these rehearsals if they wish to be involved in various performance events throughout the year. (Please ask for further details regarding running dates/times)
Dance and drama classes £5 for 60 mins You can book these online : CLICK HERE
- Lessons are paid for in advance, in four week blocks
- Payment is due one week prior to the block of four
- Lessons will not go ahead unless they have been paid for and your space may be allocated to someone on the waiting list
- Payment is processed via Standing Order or bank transfer on a date convenient to you each month
- Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice or ‘no shows’ will still be charged for - we understand that illness and last-minute conflicts can occur with little notice, but please remember that your lesson time has been reserved for you and the tutor will still receive payment for their time. You will receive an automated ‘no show’ email message in these instances even if you have notified us
- Cancellations or rescheduled lessons with more than 24 hrs notice may be made TWICE within a term (see term dates Page 4 of your welcome pack), otherwise the lesson will be charged for to ensure your allocated space is kept
- To cancel or reschedule, you must contact reception via email or Facebook
- Cancelled lessons will be refunded via bank transfer within 7 days of the cancelled lesson. Please remember to complete Form B and pass to reception to enable us to make refunds.
- If students wish to cancel more than 2 lessons within the term, the space will have to be paid for to keep their slot. Otherwise the space will have to be offered to students on our waiting list.
- You will not be charged for lessons over the holidays when we are closed however the standing order payment you have set up will still run as usual. Note: There are 5 weeks in some months however students always pay for 4 therefore the amounts will even out over the coming months, sometimes being a week or two behind or ahead. The late payment rule will not apply to these type scenarios
- If you are too far ahead with payments, you may ask for a refund of these overpayments if you so wish
- If you decide to stop having lessons for whatever reason, any outstanding lessons already paid for will be refunded to you via bank transfer.
- Remember if you need to cancel your usual slot, you can ask if there is alternative space during that week so as not to affect your cancellation quota (subject to availability)
- Lesson spaces may be forfeited and allocated to other students on our waiting list for reasons such as late payments and/or poor attendance without payment.
- Lessons will occur during our term dates stated overleaf. Please do not assume we are closed during school holiday periods.
- If tutors are on leave or absent for whatever reason, appropriate cover will be provided. This helps ensure students receive continuity of lessons and it also doesn’t do any harm to avail of different tutors knowledge and experience. All our tutors are of the same high standard we expect in The Music Yard.
- If we are unable to provide cover, reception staff will inform you and we will arrange a refund (please ensure we have your bank details to enable refunds)
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late, the lesson will not go ahead but will still be charged for.
Adverse weather conditions:
- If The Music Yard decides to close due to adverse weather conditions, customers will be advised and refunds will be made to those affected. If however we decide to remain open and you are unable to make the lesson, the lesson will still be charged for.
- Please do not contact tutors on their personal social media accounts regarding cancellations, rescheduling or for any other matter. All enquiries must be directed to our reception via telephone, email or Facebook.
- Please feel free to join The Music Yard Parents & Guardians Group on Facebook to keep up to date with information. You will need to be a ‘friend’ of Thomas’s (Thomas Hammy Hamilton) prior to joining
- The Music Yard has a responsibility to contribute to a strong and safe community and recognises the right of every individual to stay safe. This policy seeks to ensure The Music Yard undertakes its responsibilities with regards to protection of children and/or vulnerable adults and will respond to any concerns appropriately. Please ask at reception if you wish to see a copy of this document.
- Young children must be supervised at all times in the waiting area whilst siblings or parents are attending lessons.
- Siblings will not be permitted into lessons unless prior agreement has been made.
- Parents are welcome at any time to sit in on a lesson however it is generally considered best for both student and tutor that parents wait in the designated waiting area.
© Copyright The Music Yard 2018