One to one lesson in vocals or any instrument
15 mins £6 (recommended for 5/6 yr olds)
30 mins £12
60 mins £24
Family rate (applicable if more than one family member is attending or if a student is attending 2 or more lessons a week)
30 mins £11.25 (only applicable if paying monthly)
60 mins £22.50 (only applicable if paying monthly)
Group lessons in vocals or any instrument – these group lessons need to be arranged for 4 or more students at an agreed day/time for everyone involved – please ask at reception for more details
30 mins £8 per student (4 students attending)
30 mins £9 per student (2 to 3 students attending)
Please note, due to the nature of these lessons, if students are unable to attend, you will still be charged for the space.
Student band & choir workshops £5 for 2 hours
Students are advised to attend these rehearsals if they wish to be involved in various performance events throughout the year. (Please ask for further details regarding running dates/times)
Dance and drama classes priced from £5 You can book these online : CLICK HERE
To make things as easy as possible for our customers and staff, we operate a no cash policy for payment of lessons. This reduces the administration and associated paperwork of customers’ accounts, thus enabling us to concentrate more on our students and forthcoming performances etc.
Payments - All lessons are paid through the online portal via bank card, at least one week before the lesson commences. Please head to 'Preferences' to input your card details. At this point, you can also set up Auto Pay for the card payment to be made automatically on a certain day each week/month (we will need to set up the dates on your behalf, just let us know the details ie 1st of every month or weekly). Anyone paying via Standing Order may continue to do so for the time being.Full terms and conditions regarding cancellations and refunds can be found below
- Lessons are paid for in advance, normally in four week blocks although customers may pay weekly or fortnightly if they prefer
- Payment is due at least one week prior to the lesson taking place
- Lessons will not go ahead unless they have been paid for. Your space may be allocated to someone on the waiting list if it has not been prepaid
- Payment is made via the online booking portal via card payment
- Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice or ‘no shows’ will still be charged for — we understand that illness and last-minute conflicts can occur with little notice, but please remember that your lesson time has been reserved for you and the tutor will still receive payment for their time. You may receive an automated ‘no show’ email message in these instances even if you have notified us
- Cancellations or rescheduled lessons with more than 24 hrs notice may be made TWICE within a term (see term dates Page 5 of our Welcome Pack), otherwise the lesson will be charged for to ensure your allocated space is kept
- Any cancelled lessons must be made via the online portal
- Cancelled lessons will not be refunded as the balance on your account is adjusted accordingly and you will not be charged.
- If students wish to cancel more than 2 lessons within the term, the space will have to be paid for to keep their slot. Otherwise the space will have to be offered to students on our waiting list.
- You will not be charged for lessons over the holidays when we are closed or for lessons where the tutor has cancelled and we cannot provide a substitute.
- If you are too far ahead with payments (applicable to customers paying via standing order only), you may ask for a refund of these overpayments if you so wish
- If you decide to stop having lessons for whatever reason, any outstanding lessons already paid for will be refunded to you via bank transfer.
- Remember if you need to cancel your usual slot, you can ask if there is alternative space during that week so as not to affect your cancellation quota (subject to availability)
- Lesson spaces may be forfeited and allocated to other students on our waiting list for reasons such as late payments and/or poor attendance without payment.
- Lessons will occur during our term dates stated (Page 5 of Welcome Pack). Please do not assume we are closed during school holiday periods.
- Some of our tutors are also professional performers and find that they have commitments outside of The Music Yard which may conflict with their lessons. If tutors are on leave or absent for whatever reason, TMY will always try to provide appropriate cover with substitute teachers. This helps ensure students receive continuity of lessons and it also doesn’t do any harm to avail of different tutors knowledge and experience. All our tutors are of the same high standard we expect in The Music Yard.
- If we are unable to provide cover, you will be informed and will not be charged for the lesson.
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late, the lesson will not go ahead but will still be charged for.
Adverse weather conditions:
- If The Music Yard decides to close due to adverse weather conditions, customers will be advised and refunds will be made to those affected. If however we decide to remain open and you are unable to make the lesson, the lesson will still be charged for.
- Please do not contact tutors on their personal social media accounts regarding cancellations, rescheduling or for any other matter. All enquiries must be directed to our reception via the online portal, telephone, email or Facebook.
- Please feel free to join The Music Yard Parents & Guardians Group on Facebook to keep up to date with information. You will need to be a ‘friend’ of Thomas’s (Thomas Hammy Hamilton) prior to joining
- The Music Yard has a responsibility to contribute to a strong and safe community and recognises the right of every individual to stay safe. This policy seeks to ensure The Music Yard undertakes its responsibilities with regards to protection of children and/or vulnerable adults and will respond to any concerns appropriately. A copy of this policy is held in the online portal under ‘online resources’.
- Young children must be supervised at all times in the waiting area whilst siblings or parents are attending lessons.
- Siblings will not be permitted into lessons unless prior agreement has been made.
- Parents are welcome at any time to sit in on a lesson however it is generally considered best for both student and tutor that parents wait in the designated waiting area.
© Copyright The Music Yard 2019